Webinar

Wellcome back!
Image result for webinar
When I heard this word I immediately looked that up in google, and it turned out to be a seminar conducted over the internet.
So kind of what we did a few weeks before, but with a little difference because this might be like a Skype call or a Face time thing.
This whole society us as teachers should appreciate and embrace this kind of technology to profit from it and to make our students to get the best out of it. As a student I was a bit unwilling to cooperate in the beginning of this semester and things have changed now I like it and if I ever get an opportunity of teaching this to my future students I will exploit every approach possible to make my students feel the way I’m feeling right now and for them to be able to embrace this way of approaching technology.
Some of the advantages are:
1.      Direct contact with your target group
Thanks to the interaction during a webinar you gain insight into your target group. You can really get to know your audience, unlike during lower-quality webinars or physical meetings and events where attendees often merely listen passively.

2.      Interaction with your target group

Reach your audience and reinforce your message. Webinars enable you to utilize polls, chats and calls to action, or to show your viewers PowerPoint slides or videos. The more interactive the webinar is, the greater the impact of the message will be.

3.      Webinars save time and money

Long journeys involve travelling time and expense, but a webinar eliminates the need to travel. Make it easier and cheaper for your target group to be engaged by your message. There are advantages for you as the ‘sender’ too; the costs are much lower than organizing a physical event and hiring a venue, for example.
See you next week! xx

Comments

  1. You have mentioned same advantages of Webinars and are so interesting. I enjoy it!
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The advantages that you have thought to share with us are very helpful. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it really interesting your reflection especially the way you have presented the advantages of using webinars..
    Nice one !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also googled the word webinar and just like you I was eager to find out what this word meant.I agree with you that using webinars means direct contact and interaction with your group and all in all it saves you money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all googled 'webinars' .
    I like the fact you present your reflection using the pros of Webinars.You find a way to see the bright thing.
    As for me this method is very exhausting ,imagine for the students of young ages that have an attention span considerably limitied😉

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your post Patricia just like you I had never heard of "Webinar " before. I find it important too the advantage of webinars that of allowing interaction between the presenter and the participators. Also I agree with you webinars save time and money you can follow them from anywhere you are. Thank you for sharing your reflection in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Positivity level so high you even refuse to write negative sides of the method haha I love that

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was to me a clera post with some positive effects. It was written about webinars in a way that made me much more enthusiastic about using it than I was at the beggining.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have mentioned same advantages of Webinars and are so interesting.I agree with you webinars save time and money you can follow them from anywhere you are. I really enjoyed your post.Keep going😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment