PBL
Until
now I have been faced to a lot of information, teaching methods and so many new
things that honestly I had no idea they existed.
Through
this subject I have learned a lot of new things many of them I am eager to try
in the future.
In case you're
unfamiliar, project-based learning is an instructional approach in which
student learning within any given unit builds towards resolution of a complex,
real-world problem. Project-based learning pushes teachers and students to
think boldly about how work completed in class connects to the thorny and
interesting world beyond school. Done well, it demands critical thinking,
creativity, and collaboration among teachers, students, and community members. Project based learning transforms your lessons into
real life scenarios, it’s incredibly engaging but requires a lot of time,
evaluation and it’s important to reflect on the process. Not just the
teacher, but the students as well.
Without
careful consideration of who learners are, what they need to know, and what
they’re interested in, the projects they complete in school become boring,
frustrating, or isolating. I think we need to challenge ourselves to design
learning with students
rather than simply for them,
and project-based learning is excellent framework to help us make that shift.
So as
teachers what should we do? I think I have an answer. Involving students into
everything. If students feel like they’re
doing something valuable they tend to be more attentive, they like what they do
and the most important they learn. In this subject students, like me feel this
kind of reflection as a matter of improving their writing skills and organizing
their thoughts.
In this
project the teacher is the guide, or the informator the students asks for
information but they have to proceed the information and also to reflect and to
say that they think if they find this method what they find interesting.
This
approach really shapes a student as it did me because I have never thought of
this kind of learning and I’m enjoying it a lot and I hope every student who
has this opportunity will like this experience.
See you guys next week! xx
Your picture reminded me of bees hive and in my opinion it was the best way to represent the connection between skills that are achieved through Project Based Learning. It was a good answer the one that you gave to your question, and I agree on that point with you.
ReplyDeleteA good post because you have mentioned all pros of PBL and also the skills that are very important on our life as a student and later on as a teacher.Thank u
ReplyDeleteThe picture is really significant and so is your post ,I'm in with our argument about the role of the teacher as a coach.Since learning to solve problems is one of the main goals of PBL ,students will need to be guided during the searching process.
ReplyDeleteThe picture you have used grasped my attention and expresses the importance of PBL.You have listed the major positive effects of this approach.I also appreciate the fact that you have not forgotten to mention the role of the teacher to make the learning process an effective experience.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good reflection about PBL, your answer to the question will be very helpful to our future as teachers. Well done Patricia!
ReplyDeleteThank You for the definition at first, since is a new term for us it is better to repeat it so we learn it better. I like that you have mention the positive effects of PBL 🙂
ReplyDeleteA good post becouse you have organized your ideas very good. I like the fact that you have mentioned the positive parts of PBL. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteWhat I like most is the play with "for" and "with". It makes it clear that it's all about group work.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I noticed there!
DeleteI love how enthusiastic you are about PBL and you reflect it in your post! And yes, I also do believe involving the students is the key to a successful teaching!
ReplyDeleteI like every paragraph of your post Patricia. You are very clear in your definition about PBL. The answer to the question was very helpful to me and my future as a teacher. The last paragraph with the “as it did me” shows that you are aware of what you are writing because of your personal experience.
ReplyDelete